Non-Executive Board Member
Egypt Equine Aid (EEA) Board members bring valuable and diverse skillsets that help to advance EEA’s goals and ensure it remains a relevant and leading charity in equine welfare in Egypt. All Board members are expected to participate actively in the design and implementation of activities that support EEA’s work.
EEA is seeking Board members with skills and experience in marketing and fundraising who share our passion and vision for helping the animals of Egypt. Experience with animal welfare/non-profit organisations will be viewed favourably. EEA is also keen to recruit Board members who have contacts/networks in the horse industry which may assist in promoting and expanding EEA’s work.
A EEA Non-Executive Board member is expected to:
- Actively contribute time and energy to EEA’s activities
- Bring an external perspective to Board matters and assist in promoting and advocating EEA’s vision
- Bring relevant competency, experience, legitimacy and ethical behaviour to the Board table
- Ensure proper corporate governance process is followed with integrity, including financial reporting and disclosure and compliance with the law and other requirements
- Contribute to the development of strategy and ultimately endorse its adoption
- Actively participate in Board meetings (held via Skype)
- Respect Board confidentiality and declare conflicts of interest
- Act in the best interest of EEA and in accordance with its policies and the law
- Remain up-to-date with EEA projects and support them publicly (social media, community networks).
A Board member contributing marketing/fundraising expertise is also expected to:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing programs
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities and partnerships
- Assist in the development and execution of events that promote and raise funds for EEA.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT:
Members of the Board are elected/appointed for an initial three-year term and can be re-appointed/re-elected for a further two three-year terms.
They can resign at any time.
Board meetings are held online so Board members can be located anywhere in the world.
- A belief in, and passion for, animal welfare and EEA’s vision
- Experience in fundraising, marketing or event management, particularly in the non-profit sector
- An ability to think strategically and develop and implement medium to long term marketing and fundraising initiatives
- Proven capacity for and experience in establishing and maintaining effective networks
- A willingness and ability to contribute time and energy to EEA’s marketing and fundraising activities
- A willingness to take on the statutory obligations as described by the ACNC for Board members.
HOW TO APPLY:
To discuss this opportunity or submit an expression of interest, please email Nicole Van de Gard or phone +61 422 118 597.
Expressions of interest must be received by 25 March 2018.